Attendance Management System; What it is
As a business owner and an employer, you understand the value your employees bring to your business in terms of the hours they put in at work. For the sake of accountability, business owners usually seek ways to monitor or track these hours.
Attendance management, therefore, is the process by which business owners or management limit or do away entirely with employee time-theft to minimize company losses. The process involves capturing data on employee hours at work, log-in time, departures, breaks, and time-off.
You may be using tools such as punch cards, excel sheets, time clocks, or even paper registers to help track employee work hours. But to improve employee morale and productivity, your business deserves better.
Today, technology advancement and the need for fast and accurate processes have seen the rise of special software created specifically for tracking working hours by employees, like AmpleTrails Smart Attendance System.
Choosing a cloud-based tool like AmpleTrails Smart Attendance System has the upside of adaptability and compatibility with multiple gadgets and platforms. But whichever attendance management system you pick, there are specific qualities that should top your checklist.
Why an Automated Attendance Management System is better Than a Manual System for Your Business
The manual methods of tracking employee attendance waste too much time and can be frustrating. When you automate your attendance system, however, you benefit from:
- Simplified process of organizing your workers.
- Error-free work attendance data.
- Accurate employee compensations.
- Decreased labor costs.
- Reduced managerial work.
- More time saved to do more productive work.
- Elimination of process hold-ups.
How to Tell When It’s Time to Change Your Current Attendance Management System
- Your management system must provide the clarity needed by the management for better future decision-making. If that is lacking, then it’s time for a change.
- If your current management system is strenuous to use or keeps collapsing, forcing the employees to use manual solutions, it’s time to say goodbye.
- The credibility of your attendance management system should never be compromised. So, if there is an incident where anyone has been able to edit confidential attendance data, your system is unreliable, and you need a change.
- 75% of companies in the US make losses caused by buddy clocking.If your current system does not help you eliminate such compliance risks then you are not doing any justice to your company’s bottom line.
- If your attendance management system does not provide you with sufficient information required for making important business decisions, change to one that will.
- If your current management system lacks critical features mentioned below in this article, like payroll compatibility, biometric features, and platform flexibility, it’s time to upgrade.
- When you realize that organizing your employees has become difficult, and you are experiencing consistent shortages, something is amiss with your attendance management system.
Checklist Features for Your Attendance Management System and Why They are Important
With numerous options available within the market, the pressure to select the best attendance management system can be enormous. You need to pick one that will give you best value for your money. Armed with these ten tips, however, you can be sure you will not be gambling away your money:
1. Ease of Use
A solution that you invest in for your business should not in any way make your life or that of your employees harder. You need to pick one that is smart enough to eliminate manual processes and compliance issues.
2. Mobile Apps Compatibility
A decent attendance system should allow employees to clock in/out and apply for time off without requiring them to be physically at the work premise. That is because today, many jobs are remote. The supervisor should also be able to view and approve such requests on the go.
3. Self-Service Functionality
The application should allow employees to apply for time-off themselves and also be able to access their leave balance without much hustle. Time-off applications, attendance corrections, and self-compliance should be executed by the employees, without the involvement of the HR.
4. Alerts and Notifications
The application should be capable of sending reminders and notifications in case an action is past due. That is in case an employee forgot to clock in/out, for example. This feature also helps to keep business expenses in check by informing management to take action when, for instance, an employee is approaching overtime.
5. Biometric Attendance
The biometric feature is especially useful if you are dealing with a large number of employees in your business and have a particular clock in/out time. This technology will help prevent fraud using employee fingerprint scan.
A cloud-based system is accessible on a variety of devices without having to download the application. A mobile platform will also encourage productivity in the field and remote jobs since it captures precise attendance data anywhere. An efficient attendance system should, therefore, support both mobile and cloud platforms.
7. Payroll Compatibility
The attendance management system that you settle for must be efficient enough to fit in easily with your existing HR software, such as payroll. That will help to avoid manual reconciliation, which may give room to errors.
Payroll compatibility, therefore, will help you improve on data correctness and privacy as well as limit payroll errors.
8. Ease of Configuration
Businesses have different needs. A management system should be flexible enough to allow tailoring to specific business needs.
An efficient tracking system should be able to give you the information in real-time. It should also facilitate access to detailed information on each employee’s timing and production.
Automated systems help to ensure compliance to set policies without exerting too much time and effort.
An attendance management system has to be credible. To optimize the system’s efficiency, therefore, an audit feature will help you pick any data changes that may have taken place.
To sum it up, adopting an automated attendance management system is a smart move for your business if you are looking to keep that needed strategic distance from month-end hustles.
A digital system combined with the above features will help you avoid errors which are a norm with manual trackers. Enjoy an easy and painless monitoring activity by investing in AmpleTrails Mobile Attendance App.
To buy the best quality Attendance Management System call us at 9315441053, 9315441078. Fill the following form one of our expert will call you and understand your requirement TS1200.